Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#65843 - 01/17/16 09:30 AM Re: How many recitals to hold? [Re: ewoodward]
Teachalot Offline

I do a Halloween recital every other year and a spring recital every year.

#65852 - 01/22/16 10:54 AM Re: How many recitals to hold? [Re: Teachalot]
Leigh Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Michigan
I hold three performance events a year:

The Halloween Party, where the students perform for each other, no other audience

The Holiday Mini-Recitals, where family and friends are invited to the last lesson before the Christmas break, to hear the student and me play Christmas duets, followed by punch and cookies

The Spring Recital, all students play for the "big audience," with a reception following.

I think of the events as leading up to the big recital. First they play for other students, then for family/friends, then for a room full of strangers.

#65862 - 03/04/16 12:24 PM Re: How many recitals to hold? [Re: Leigh]
ape130 Offline

I do one formal recital every year in May, held at a local arts center that has a baby grand, spotlight, mini stage, it's a lot of fun. I have parent's help pay for the rental.

The rest of the year I have several informal recitals, usually 3 more and they are always at either an assisted living, or nursing home. It's been really nice to give the students opportunity to share with the community, and for those recitals they don't need to memorize if they don't want.

For Christmas we do it at assisted living but often I'll incorporate a few other special things, like a student/guitar duet, a vocal performance by a mom, or the students playing hand bells.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Joanne Smith, Jon, Randall Faber 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics