Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#28449 - 02/20/06 08:45 AM Re: what do YOU practice?
Christina Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Canada
no, i like the ideas so far, i was just wanting as many ideas as possible. most of my students are beginners, so it's been ages since i've had to deal with SERIOUS strengthening issues.

there's no way i can schedule lessons with a teacher at the moment. with a new baby, i can't guarantee enough regular practice time for myself.

and it's not like i haven't practiced in years, just a few months. but when i have played recently, my hands feel pretty weak and i can only practice short times.

#28450 - 02/21/06 03:48 AM Re: what do YOU practice?
shannonspiano Offline
Mainstay Member

Loc: WI
Christina I went back to playing through my students' music.. mostly the stuff where a majority of my students' left off with. Added scales and a few songs for church and that seemed to help.

I assume your little one is quite chubby now.. My Andrew didn't have time to get chubby he's much too busy. \:\)

#28451 - 02/22/06 02:50 AM Re: what do YOU practice?
Susan Offline
Star Member

Loc: Texas
A friend of mine went back to teaching piano after about a 12 year break of being an elementary music teacher in public school. She had been playing the piano, of course, but not seriously. What she did was go through all the Hanon exercises every day. Then she did Czerny. Finally she went to Mozart sonatas. I don't know if this is helpful or not, but it really helped her.
What I did when I wanted to get back into serious music has already been suggested. I went to the best advanced teacher in town and took lessons for several years and practiced 3 hours a day. That helped quite a lot.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Archivist 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics