Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#21412 - 09/25/05 02:31 PM Re: Music and the Mind
Lisa Kalmar Offline
Star Member

Loc: KC
Getting right back atcha, I need to thank you, GeeTee, for bringing something shocking to my attention. Your post made me curious because it made no sense, given the context, and Detective Kalmar started checking - apparently there has been a case of identity theft by a trickster who knows I do not read anything posted by two of The Boys (at the forum you post at a lot) for reasons directly related to Women's Reality (Anne Wilson Schaef, 1981, Highly Recommended.) ;\)

It would appear that I have been had. If it was someone on this board, please reveal yourself in a PM stat. LMFAO!!! \:D \:D \:D

Er, Jennifer, sorry to hijack your thread. \:o

Annie, to answer your question, yes, I just whip out my kaleidoscopes when the need arises and I don't forget about having 'em. \:o They are also helpful for pieces like Kaleidoscope Colors or anything else you want to talk about color, tonepainting, or nuance on.

#21413 - 09/25/05 04:14 PM Re: Music and the Mind
GeeTee Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Midwest
 Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa Kalmar:
Getting right back atcha, I need to thank you, GeeTee, for bringing something shocking to my attention. Your post made me curious because it made no sense, given the context, and Detective Kalmar started checking - apparently there has been a case of identity theft by a trickster who knows I do not read anything posted by two of The Boys (at the forum you post at a lot) for reasons directly related to Women's Reality (Anne Wilson Schaef, 1981, Highly Recommended.) ;\)
Lisa, I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about here. How did my post make no sense? I was simply responding to Pianoannie's question. I know she frequents one of the Yahoo boards I do, and I have recently noticed you are posting there as well. Are you saying that this poster is NOT you?? I'm confused.

#21414 - 09/25/05 04:53 PM Re: Music and the Mind
Lisa Kalmar Offline
Star Member

No, someone else (at another board that you don't belong to) took the post(s) you were referring to that you thought I was talking about (from the board we both belong to) and embellished them a little to get a rise out of certain individuals at the first board. It was Parody at its Very Best, to say the least, and let's just choose to believe that Flatulent Imitation is still the Sincerest Form of Flattery. But I must quit talking about it now, both in deference to Jennifer's nice thread, not to mention the fact that I am out of Depends, Target is closed, and we cannot afford a trip to the emergency room due to the Emergency Bladder Surgery I will need if I don't quit splitting a gut laughing about it. ;\)

#21415 - 09/26/05 04:07 AM Re: Music and the Mind
xstitch4me Offline
Star Member

Loc: Idaho
I also belong to a board on yahoo but find it very boring. Must not be the same one as you're talking about. Personally, I can't find the time to contribute to more than one message board and I find THIS one to be the best! BTW I've never even thought of a kaleidoscope....sounds interesting. I have a magnetic board with the keyboard on one side and the grand staff on the other. I use magnets or notes that I created and use this in all kinds of ways for all levels of students. They seem to love it.

#21416 - 09/26/05 05:48 AM Re: Music and the Mind
GeeTee Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Midwest
Where can one buy kalidescopes anyway??

#21417 - 09/26/05 07:50 AM Re: Music and the Mind
Lilla Offline
Star Member

Loc: Chicago
At the teachers' store. Or toy store in a pinch.

#21418 - 09/26/05 08:14 AM Re: Music and the Mind
Jennifer Offline
Star Member

Loc: AZ
I just bought a bunch of mini kaleidoscopes (before this subject of them came up) to put in my treasure box. They have them at www.orientaltrading.com 5 dozen for $3.95. But heads up- They were the prism kaleidoscopes. The kind you look through and see whatever you are looking at. Not the kind where the colors are making shapes. Although they have some bigger one's that might be the colored kaleidoscope. They are 12 for $4.95 You can always email the company and find out for sure.

#21419 - 09/26/05 10:25 AM Re: Music and the Mind
Lisa Kalmar Offline
Star Member

I have expensive kaleidoscopes that were purchased at gift type stores. They have jewels and double wheels and things and are ultra-cool!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Archivist 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics